New Covenant Patriarchy
Sunday, January 29, 2006
New Covenant Patriarchal Creed
1. I believe that Jesus Christ is the incarnation of the Law of God, the walking Torah of YHWH, and the source of all definition, purpose, and meaning and that the Law of God is the Character of God writ large in the Scriptures for our benefit.
2. I believe that the Law of God as contained in the Law, the Prophets, the Gospels and the Epistles, that is the Holy Bible, is eternal and unchanging and always fully in force, witnessed to us by the Holy Spirit, and is the ultimate source of all authority.
3. I believe that Jesus Christ came to save us from the condemnation of the Law and to reconcile us to the Law as our way of sanctification and as the mediator between man and man, man and creation, and man and all aspects of life.
4. I believe that the Law of God in every particular reflects and defines the character of Jesus Christ and that we cannot know who He is outside of the Law.
5. I believe that Jesus Christ is the embodiment of the Love of God and that Love is the Law of God put into action, transforming it from a dead letter to a living force that reflects God's Will.
6. I believe that Jesus Christ will come again when the entire world is brought into obedience to His Law.
7. I believe that no institution can have any legitimacy except that it is founded on the authority of God's Law and maintains itself in conformity to it.
8. I believe that the LawWord of God is whole and self-consistent and that any statements within it that appear to conflict are human errors in translation or hermeneutics.
9. I believe that, like Jesus Christ, I too am to be the walking embodiment of God's Law and so will endeavor to learn it, love it, and live it and teach it to others.
10. I believe that the Law of God is a gift from God to those who are reconciled to Him through Jesus Christ and that it is the key to the promises and blessings of Scripture, a sign of His grace to us, and that obedience to it is a privilege.